Thursday, March 28, 2013

Shawl update.

I did not finish the Nouveau Beaded shawl in time for what I wanted it for.

I wore it anyway. I cut the working yarn, draped the circ around my shoulders and tucked the needles down my neckline. Later on I rejoined the cut end to the ball and started knitting on it again, at a much less frenetic pace.

I blocked and seamed the Jo's Pride shawl, and wrapped it up along with a set of Game of Thrones shot glasses for Kathy. She seemed to like her gift a lot, and the shawl even came in handy when a dress that was part of a costume ended up less warm than expected. My donated shawl-knitting services were eventually auctioned off for $60, and I'm waiting to hear back from the winner so that we can start discussing details.

Now I'm lying low for a week at my parents' place. Once I get back, I'll fill in with lots of pictures of the shawl and of the things I got while visiting my old LYS. Hopefully I'll also get lots of pictures of the yarn-dyeing workshop I've promised to give my local knitting friends, which I'm very much looking forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment